Fundametrics® International Small Cap Equity
Q1 2022 Performance Summary and Observations
- The Fundametrics International Small Cap Equity strategy returned -5.89% for the quarter, outperforming the FTSE Developed ex-US Small Cap Index return of -6.67%.
- Alpha Composite results were strong this quarter in a volatile down market, driven by favorable stock selection. “Buys” (-4.7%) beat “Sell” rated stocks (-12.3%) for the quarter.
- Consistency across regions with a 100%-win rate during the period. A win is defined as higher ranked “buy” stocks outperforming lower ranked “sell” stocks.
- Macro events drove most of the global equity market volatility this quarter as central banks took the initial steps to remove accommodative monetary policy and Russia waged war on Ukraine.
- Growth stocks still trade at an 81% premium to Value stocks. This compares to a 65% long-term average, indicating potential for more opportunity in the Value style although diminished from recent past.
Contact Derek Tubbs at CornerCap Institutional for the full report: 404-445-5117.
Access to full report DISCLOSURES.